Solid Sound is warranted to the original purchaser, for the entire warranted life of the Wood or Laminate flooring under which Solid Sound is installed.
Solid Sound warrants full replacement cost of professionally installed laminate or Wood flooring and Solid Sound to the original purchaser of Solid Sound where it is determined that Solid Sound was solely responsible for sub-standard performance.
Solid Sound warranty excludes any financial responsibility for special indirect, incidental, or consequential damages arising from repair, replacement, or inability to use Solid Sound and the appropriate adhesive.
This warranty does not apply under the following:
- Failure to install Solid Sound according to instructions
- Failure to install flooring according to manufacturers instructions
- Accidents, misuse or abuse
- Exposure to extreme heat
- Exposure to excessive weight
- Failure of Solid Sound installation sites meeting IIC lab test ratings. (So called “FIIC” tests are site specific and rarely meet Lab conditions owing to variations in site installation and construction)
Installation in “Floating” style application
- Ensure the sub-floor is flat – without humps or hollow areas where deviation is more than 1/8” (3mm) from flat, using a 6 ft straight edge.
- Roll out Solid Sound in the same orientation as the flooring will lay.
- Extend Solid Sound up the wall by about 1” and tack in place using stapler, for best sound and vapor suppression performance.
- Lay your flooring being careful not to tear Solid Sound in the process. If tearing occurs, use „Tuck‟ tape to seal the tear otherwise the Vapor barrier is compromised.
- When laying the adjacent row of Solid Sound, use Tuck tape to seal the joint to maintain Vapor barrier.
- Once the flooring installation is complete, trims may be affixed to the walls over the protruding Solid Sound. This helps retard sound transfer into the wall.
Installation in “Double Stick” Glue-down application
Note – Use of the wrong adhesive may result in unacceptable adhesion. Moisture activated Urethane adhesives do not stick adequately.
Use only “APAC 757” adhesive and the recommended trowel for the application.
- Test an area for compatibility with the flooring in question. Flooring with „loose„ fitting joints may not work with APAC 757. See APAC warranty.
- Ensure the sub-floor is flat – without humps or hollow areas where deviation is more than 1/8” (3mm) from flat, using a 6 ft straight edge. Do not expect the adhesive to „Bridge‟ more than this.
- Ensure that the sub-floor is dry. Ie – less than 3 lbs/1000 sq. ft. per 24 hr. By Tramex or equivalent test method.
- If Concrete / Lightweight or Gypcrete surface, ensure the PH is between 5 & 9 by doing a litmus test.
- We recommend use of concrete sealer on lightweight concrete or Gypcrete for adequate adhesion.
- Completely clean and vacuum the surface to remove dust, debris etc.
- Lay out and cut your first course of Solid Sound, extending up the walls minimum 1”
- Roll back one half the first course, and spread adhesive using 1/16” square notch trowel, over the area to be covered by the rolled up portion.
- Un-roll the first half into the glue, push out any bubbles by hand or use a broom.
- Roll the first half to seat the Solid Sound into the adhesive thoroughly using a 50 lb roller.
- Repeat the procedure on the second half of the first course.
- Repeat the above procedure on subsequent courses until the entire floor area is completed.
- Seal the joints with Tuck Tape to ensure a complete moisture barrier.
- NOTE – APAC 757 must be allowed adequate “Open time” for the adhesive to dry or „flash off‟ to become sufficiently tacky. This adhesive contains 5% water by weight, and since Solid Sound is a full vapor barrier, the moisture needs to evaporate somewhat to avoid delayed curing once flooring is installed.
- Once installation of Solid Sound is completed per above instructions, installation of the flooring can commence.
- Follow the flooring manufacturer‟s instruction as to perimeter space and all other flooring installation instructions.
- Use the appropriate trowel (notch pattern) for the type of flooring being installed. See bucket label to confirm.
- Ensure adequate but not excessive adhesive is used.
- NOTE – Do not attempt to fill depressions in the sub-floor through use of extra adhesive.
NOTE – APAC 757 should not be used with solid wood floorings.
- Spread enough adhesive that can be covered with flooring within 30-60 minutes of installation.
- Press flooring firmly into the adhesive while laying.
- Roll the flooring into the adhesive before proceeding with further courses of glue and flooring, using a 75 lb roller, moving in both directions. (across the flooring & in-line )
- NOTE – Do not encourage foot traffic on the floor for minimum 24 hours after installation.
NOTE – Cover and protect the flooring surface from damage once cured and before allowing foot traffic.